Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Post 49

Spring is in the air! We had a wonderful snow last tuesday, I remember it well because is was bad enough to skip SNB, but unfortunately/fortunately the temp. has gone up high enough to commence the great melt. So on the knitting front. Cookie has decided to name the sock I knit for her, Mona, in honor of my beloved little doggy. I guess it helped that she miss wrote the chart and the hourglass shape did not look at all like an hour glass. I'm so excited for her, I've seen a couple of the socks and they are awesome, she goes far beyond all the other designers when she writes her patterns, she puts in interesting details and multiple sizes. Knitting her sample sock has got me hooked on lace socks so I'm working on this from the Traveling Socks book by Nancy Bush, I don't have it in front of me so I'm not sure of the title but it's the white sock in it, albeit a little shorter. The yarn is the rubysapphire.com yarn that I got from secretpal, she was overly generous and sent me two skeins. I don't need two skeins of this stuff, at 500 yards each, that's alot of sock yarn, so I contacted the ladies in Florida who dye and sell it and they were kind enough to allow me to exchange one of the ones I got for another color, so tadaa....this is the yarn for my next sock project...it is so pretty and I'venever seen this kind of colorway done before in sock yarn. I do wish the yarn was superwash. I've been working on the blue yarn whle waiting for my package from Knitpicks that contain the Palette Fair Cardigan supplies, and and Cookie, I bought the needles to start the Sarcelle! So ha! Anyhoo, the new Intereweave is out and I'm not sure what I think about the format, I didn't really have a problem with it before, just the photo quality was not the best. I love looking for mistakes in photographed knitting, you know, twisted stitches and pattern mistakes, so how about this one, looks all innocent and all, but take alook at the toe, the whole is so big the big toe is bound to pop out eventually. So I hear that YarnHarlot is going to be in NYC at FIT at the end of March. I talked to my friend Linda and we're talking about representing Chicago, maybe, it really depends on her schedule, and why not, the airfare is so cheap. It would be fun.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just stumbled to your blog from the knit anon blog, and I have to say you knit some very nice socks!

Have a good weekend!