Saturday, March 29, 2008

Post 141-Time

Time is a flying, though I think Mother Nature forgot it was officially spring in Chicago, she gave us snow last week and again this week. I think now, it's over and according to the Farmer's Almanac we will be having a wet spring.



I finally got my knitting mojo back and in a big way. I've been cranking out hats galore and to prepare for the cold wet spring I made myself a tam. It took a lot of looking on ravelry to find a tam that wasn't heavy looking, more winter than spring. I just wanted something light that would keep my head warmish when the rain and wind is a blowing. I'm very happy with the finished product, it's exactly what I wanted, it makes me feel very english!



The oiled mystery yarn cake.



As any Jane Austen character would say "It's very fine indeed!"

I made a lemon pie, it was good but weepy, going to have to work on that, I did everything it asked for, even squeezed fresh lemons. huh.



That evil time of the year is fast approaching, and so celebrate, I bought myself a gift. I've been listening to the Diana Gabaldon books on tape, Outlande for those in the know, and it made me want to get the ring that was made from the description in the book, I know, what a nerd. I love it and am happy to report I guessed the right size for my middle finger and it fits perfectly!



My sister Kim wins this year for the first gift received! Congrats to her for being the first, from her I received a gift certificate to Lush. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but I think she really liked the soap from there that I got her for her birthday, and at least I can get my henna to dye my hair. I think my grandmother almost forgot so as a last ditch effort not to be late she and my aunt got me a on-line gift card to Barnes and Noble. Don't get me wrong, it was very nice and I will use it(though all the knitting books are sooo much cheaper on knitpicks), but if given the choice I would have liked something more thoughtful and not a last minute oops gift, plus, Amazon would have been sooooo much better, I could have gotten the copper tea kettle or Le Crueset skillet I really want. So I thinks that's it. What do I hate most about the b-day, generic gift cards, friends picking up the dinner tab when they realize it's your birthday and they forgot, having to henna your hair to cover that your getting old and not getting a birthday cake and having to buy your own. Yea, I'm a little depressed and it's still a week away! Don't worry though, once the day passes and I start lying about my age I will go back to normal depression for the other 51 weeks of the year.

I think next week I will take myself out to eat to the Frontera Grill, maybe I will invite my friend John, we always have such good conversation.

No comments: