Thursday, March 06, 2008

Post 137-So

That went by fast, 6 weeks of teaching at NW is done. It was a great class, we covered lots of stuff from casting-on to 3 ways to decrease, plus they saw a little symbolcraft, got to feel up my ball of Qiviut and can read knit. Best part of teaching this session was that our checks were available for pick-up that night!

So, Knitting Workshop is having a HUGE moving sale, if you haven't heard....which I doubt. I was happy to hear that but even happier to hear that they were moving to my neighborhood, really, just down the street not even a half mile, I walk my dog past that building all the time, YEA! The word went out like wildfire on Ravelry and when the sale started on Saturday, I was there. I did a little damage on my yarncard (my debit card account were my teaching, jewelry making and babysitting money go) and bumped into Megan. On that visit I came away with some white cotton blended Regia sock yarn 75% off, 3 skeins of Noro Silk Garden at 40% off and 16 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in creamy white at 35% off, damn. The next day after babysitting when Rachael was feeling better I got her to come out to the sale and ran into Chicken Linda. I am such a great friend and enabler!



Noro Silk Garden




Regia Cotton Blend Sock Yarn



Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, no scratchy Irish sweater for me!



Anny Blatt, the second best deal of the century after the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk I scored at Mosaic.

I just went the second time to go over the leftovers and was seriously going to get six balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in white which was the largest quantity of a single color left, but decided to take a look at Anny Blatt. I've never worked with Anny Blatt, heck I haven't even felt it up. It's on this shelf behind a table on a little stage that made it hard to get too, plus I never see any patterns written for it. Big mistake, such wonderful stuff. I ended up not getting the kidsilk and instead found 16 balls of Anny Blatt Casimir, which is 85% Wool and 15% cashmere. This stuff normally goes for over $16.50 a ball and because Knitting Workshop is no longer going to be carrying it, they put it up for sale at 75% off, holy-fuckin-shit I saw. I got $200 of yarn for $50, need I saw more, oh the color is a soft lavendar that's not too bright, just perfect for me. My neighbor John came over tonight because he needed me to do some digital photography for an ebay auction of his and saw the Beehive Hat I made with the Noro I bought at the sale and promptly put in an order for one. So it looks like tomorrow in the afternoon I will be going again to the sale but this time with John so he can pick out the yarn himself. I have no idea what to expect, I wouldn't think there would too much left of any color to make a full sweater, I'm thinking more one ball wonders will be on the shelves.



My Crayola Chevron scarf is finished! I wore it out when I had dinner with some old co-workers and promptly was requested to make one for them. Mary said right away that it looked like a designer piece and is busy going over all the possible Koigu colors and is choosing her own color design. My old boss Eileen is expecting her first grandbaby and is very excited. I had just enough time before we meet for dinner to make her a pair of baby booties from recycled angora and cashmere yarn.



I went through my stash and put some of it up as sell or trade. Out went two skeins of Socks that Rock Pebble Beach and in came Socks that Rock Lenore from the Raven series and a new yarn I haven't heard of from J-Knits.



I wonder what I will find at Knitting Workshop tomorrow.....

No comments: