Friday, April 18, 2008

Post 146-California Dreamin'

Bad traffic, wild cougars and earthquakes, if I didn't see the Sears Tower from my El platform everyday on my way to work I would have sworn I was in California. Chicago isn't supposed to have earthquakes, I didn't feel it this morning like everyone else. Finding and shooting a cougar 1.5 miles from my house and 6 miles from downtown and Lake Michigan isn't normal. And while we have had several issues with the Ohare Blue Line lately, the commute really is getting better, I swear, downtown to my stop, walking to my house and back out to walk the dog in 30 minutes flat.

I always joked that if I wanted fire, flood and famine I would move to California, I'm getting nervous sitting here in my apartment in the formerly safe Midwest....I think I'll just put on some Kenny G, have a drink and chill.

No comments: