Monday, April 28, 2008

Post 147-Ca-Ra-Zy!

Things are starting to get a little crazy over here at Chateau Le Yarnsnob.

To start off with, yes, Jason was kicked off Survivor. I was bummed, Grandma was pissed, my uncle Ron, his dad, was well, kinda relieved I think. Overall it was better that he left being a nice guy and not some snarky backstabber.



At least I don't have to worry about trying to catch the finale while at sea. Hoping that Jason was going to win I was nervous about not seeing the end. I still will want to see what happens and who wins but if I can't get a signal, well at least it would be because I was cruising Alaska and that's pretty darn cool.

Sea Socks is just over a week away and I'm finally getting excited. I've been preparing for awhile and am almost done. New undies and socks along with travel sized toiletries have been procured. I've gotten some cool Threadless T-shirts to wear, a new pair of jeans, my first tennis shoes in a decade I think and I scored some Calvin Klein fitted empire waist tunic tops on sale at Nordstroms. I've started gathering items in a pile in the kitchen and really need to pull out my suitcase this weekend. All that's left to do is get my haircut and then a mani-pedi. I've been putting off the knitted slippers because I've been working on a scarf for a friend and now I need to get cracking, I'm not sure what design to go with but will have to make something cool because I love to win swag. Speaking of winning contests....I was checking out some of my favorite knitting sites and was over at knittingworkshop.com to see what they were up to and how they've adapted to the neighborhood and they had a surprise quiz. Needless to say, I was the first to answer the question of what Azores Lace is. Thanks to some swift research I now have a lovely gift certificate to the store that I will let marinate until I'm ready to make a certain sweater out of Rowan tweed.

So to round the week off, if you want your very own Survivor immunity idol, I think I know where you can pick up one if your ready to let go of some cool cash.
Also, I have a hankering for some Steak and Shake, I haven't been there in awhile and miss it, I wondering who I could go there with......

No comments: