Friday, November 10, 2006

Post 40

I love it when you write a letter or comment to a corporation big or small and they respond back, with no answer, just a go away generic response.
What I wrote to Interweave Press:
I am writing in regards to the Interweave Knits Holiday

issue that you just released. I want my money back. Many of my knitters friends, me included, feel that you should have put a disclaimer on the cover that a majority of the patterns are recycled from earlier issues and from your books. $7.99 is alot to spend on a magazine that in parts I already own. Most knitters buy their magazines and then archive them, they don't throw them away. I bought the holiday issue because I saw the felted pear in person and thought it was great. When I buy my magazines, I choose to purchase them at the yarn stores to support them, I don't look at it right away, I like to wait until I can get home and get comfortable and
them relax while reading it. I am very upset by this. Sincerely, XXXXX, Knitter and Knit Instructor

What they wrote back:

Dear XXXXX,
Thank you for taking the time to write us with your comments. We intended for the Gifts issue to be an opportunity for some of our readers who are not subscribers or who have not been subscribing for a long time to purchase some of our most popular patterns, many of which are from sold-out back issues. We are currently planning a Gifts issue for next year that is full of brand new patterns.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Sincerely,
Katie Himmelberg

Assistant Editor

No comments: