Thursday, April 05, 2007

Post 58



It's that time of the year. Yup, another one down. Anyhoo, yesterday was the book signing at Loopy Yarns in the south loop, it's up high on the list of favorite LYS's. Amy Singer was present to sign copies of her new book "No Sheep For You", but I picked up "Big Girl Knits" instead. All of my other friends have it, big girls and small girls alike, they pointed out that it has great info on choosing patterns to fit your body, so I finally got it, and yes there are several patterns I would make in there. So once again here's another picture of a yarn store with Linda in it, I prefer being behind the camera.
And a shot of the store for you none Chicagoans.
I picked up another skein of sock yarn, but I'm sticking to the idea that it has to be something new, that I don't already have. I am only allowing myself to buy yarn if I already have a project in mind, not just for the hell of it. My name is Yarn Snob, and I'm a sock yarn addict. True to my 4 project limit, I finally settled down on a sock pattern, Thelonius from my IM bud Cookie. I had a couple skeins of Regia Stretch in a light slightly varigated blue, and I'm loving it, perhaps I have found the perfect yarn that will stand up to the vertically challenged legs? (pun intended)What I really hate about knitting is the variety of yarn and projects. It's common for me to fall in love with a pattern, buy the yarn, get 50% of the way through and have the overwhelming desire to start a new one, I'm not lazy, there's just not enough time to get it all done. When I'm knitting I can't stop my mind from wandering to the next project possibilities, there's simply not enough time in the day. What would be a good thing to do is simply knit more, but not be a hermit about it. The females in my family are very strong, very creative and very stubborn, we have never had a problem staying home by ourselves and doing our own thing. Wouldn't it be great to find someone to pay me to stay home and knit? I had the resolve to get my bike in shape this summer and head out to the local coffee shops to just hang and knit, but the damn gentrification had come full circle to Wicker Park and they will be, by the end of the year, closing the local coffee cafe/hang out and be cool place, damn effing banks, do we really need one on every corner. What we need on every corner are yarn stores! There are lots of coffee shops here in the city, but not many have those comfy grunging couches that you can linger on for hours, all for the price of a cup of coffee. Well, I have big plans this summer for the garden in the back, with all my coffee equipment I could start my own knit/coffee joint!

No comments: