Thursday, October 09, 2008

Post 168-Return to Me

All I want to do this weekend is sleep, just lay in bed pop some sleepy pills, cuddle with the animals, maybe watch some tv and sleep the weekend away. I'm about as depressed as the country is and there's nothing I can do about it (it's not like my 401K has tanked, as I have no money to loose right now). Normally when I feel the blahs I'm good at finding that internal happy switch and turning it on, not so much luck right now. Things are a wee bit tight and I'm doing the hustle, lot's of side jobs, private lessons here and there, and finally a good interview (of which I will not talk about because I don't want to jinx it (even though talking about will in no way change the outcome and I know that)). I want to be able to reach for my knitting and know the comfort it gave me after 9/11 but I'm just not feeling it, instead I wonder how much is that yarn worth....

About the election, I'm so over it, I know who I'm voting for, I knew since the beginning and nothing will change my mind. If my cat and dog can along so well that they are sleeping next to each other why can't the Dems and Reps?

Harmony, animal style.

In the end I think talking about it just now is going to help my nerves because I was starting to fry this past week from having it all pent up. It will get better, unless this is a side effect of the mystery medication I'm taking for a research study because if it is, holy shit. OK there, got it off my chest, feeling better now. I think I should focus my anxiety on cleaning the house now that I persuaded roomie to cancel the house cleaning service for the rest of the year (and unneeded luxury right now) or perhaps do some light gardening and put up the Halloween decorations.

That's it, this weekend will be old-fashioned 1930's weekend. Do some canning, cut down on tv time, trim the plants, make some good looking knitting, create some jewelry baubles with the beads I have and look for those metal bookbinding stamps and make my own stationary like I've wanted. I need to call my neighbor John and see if he's up to having a cup of coffee and playing a couple of hands of cards in his lovely garden since it going to be all nice and warm this weekend.

I've feeling better already.

1 comment:

Schecki said...

Good vibes in your general direction, mama.