Friday, February 06, 2009

Post 192-A Mournful Little Troll

The more I de-clutter my room the more I don't want to leave it, it has become my special cave. The more job searching I do the more I do not want to leave my bed. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern with 2-3 more weeks of agitation to go.
I have become a troll.

How do you mourn someone who was your godmother and great-aunt but only saw at weddings and funerals in a faraway mythical land called Texas? I feel so bad, not about her death because she lived a happy life to the age of 90, but because I didn't honestly know she was still alive. Lacking notification and funds I won't be able to go to the funeral. After a little cyber-sleuthing I found her memorial page set up by the funeral home in small town USA, boy was I surprised by how modern and high-tech they are, I signed the guest book and did my part.
I wonder which is worst to go to, a high school reunion or family reunion taking place at a funeral?

Ick.
Ugh.
How effing depressing eh?

I need some serious knitting therapy, and perhaps a good walk with the dog.

P.S.-Fixed the laundry machine myself. I picked up a new belt, unplugged the unit, took off the front access panel, played around a bit and presto-chango, it was done. I wonder if I can or should deduct my labor cost from my rent check?

2 comments:

A :-) said...

Sounds like you have the blues, my friend. February seems to be the time when many peoply get them.

Keep searching on the job front - something is waiting for you just around the bend :-) I have a good feeling about it!

Angela said...

Thanks for your comment. No, not PCOS, but Metabolic Syndrome, though the two are related. I knew that this was coming eventually, but it's no fun now that it is here! I want everything I can't have, even if I didn't want it before!