Thursday, October 12, 2006

Secret Pal 9

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylic

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a zipper pouch for my crochet hooks, a box I painted for some of my needles and plastic brush tubes for my double points.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for 12 years, I learned when I was young from my mother and had abasic refresher from a college teacher and then I took knitwear design in art school. I would consider myself advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No. I like to buy my books at a great used bookstore in the neighborhood or from LYS's or knitting websites.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
For bath I like magnolia or rose, but right now is the season for spices.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love dark chocolate, the darker the better, the more foreign the better. My current addiction is Vosges Naga Bar. Ummmmm curry and chocolate...

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I knit, crochet, spin, dye, sew, embroidery, bead work, needlepoint....lots of everything.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like a little bit of everything from Miles Davis to David Gray to Hildehard Von Bingen.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I have a new fascination with green, I never liked it before, but now, wow. It's not so much the color but the hue, I hate pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a siamese cat and an italian greyhound. I also have a roommate and she has a cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Not ponches, never, don't want to look fatter. I love scarves, hats and mittens especially finger-less gloves, it's cold in my office.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I am always doing socks but right now I'm getting into lace.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks for Sock Wars, a pair of socks for myself and a lace stole.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Um sometimes, I'm a bit of a critic, but I like it when people handmake things.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Both. I prefer bamboo, never metal unless they're addi's.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yea, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
It was 4+years, but I just frogged it.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Does Festivus count? I love thanksgiving, all the spirit of x-mas with out the pressure and build up.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Dud, yarn! I was collecting thimbles but that was years ago.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have a single magazine subscription, I enjoy going to the bookstores or LYS for them. I would love to collect some Zimmerman books and lace books.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not really, I think I have a good grasp on things, if not I'm really good at figuring it out.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, size 8.5, with thick ankles.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
4/4

No comments: