Friday, July 21, 2006

Before I Forget...

I have realized a very important thing, if I don't continuously blog, many days will go by, I'll think, I should write about that, then I forget. So many things have been going on. I've all but finished the Noro Butterfly sweater, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I followed the recommendations of a couple of friends who have made it too, but even with the shortened sleeves, they are a little too long. I will not rip them out, it actually looks ok to have the cuff folded back, it also helps keep the points of the edge from curling. So really I'll I have to do is sew the button on and I think I'll tack down the collar at the points to keep it from rolling up and help keep it in place. Overall, I am very happy with it and can't wait till its cold enough to wear. I'm at a bit of an empass, I have some Socks that Rock yarn that I tried the Jaywalker pattern with, it wasn't working for me because me needle size was too small and coming out all stiff, I usually use a 0 or 1's for sock knitting. I tried size 2's and while they are better, I think they're just a little too loose, but would be ok on cables or lace socks, so what's the reall problem? US 1's are 2.5 mm and 2's are 3.0 mm, do I try to find 2.75mm dpn sock needles, or look at the two circular method? Aghh! Well, I finally did it, with my special money stash (babysitting money, I overpaid my dentist and other sources) I got it, the Kitchenaid Mixer, I've only been lusting after one for 5-6 years, I had to drive all the way out to Downers Grove to get it in the Caviar finish, but you gotta love Bed Bath and Beyond for thar big blue 20% coupon, what a deal, and there still was another 20 rebate coupon by the display! Yay!

I also finally got this really stovetop cappuchino maker that I've wanted forever, I like my french press, but a good cappuchino of cafe latte... not as expensive as a big cappuchino maker and alot cooler looking, all funky italian euro.

My friend Linda is on her way to India for a week of business, can't wait to see what she'll get me, she owes me some money for some perfume I got her at the store before I left, so I put an order in for a Charka! Preferably a working one, it would make a nice addition to my collection. When she gets back she's going to help me maker a red worm compost container. I read this really interesting article in the newspaper about special containers that people use to old red worms, all you do is feed them leftover food and you get great fertilizer and composte for the garden, and make less trash!
I'm trying to remember if I missed anything. Oh Yea, Adios to my friend Nancy, she's going of the grad school in NC. We had dinner the other night, I will miss my chicken finger friend, she's the only other person who understands my fondness for chicken and pickyness for weird food. I have some pictures to post, but can't find my camera under the piles of stuff, I am doing a major cleaning of my house and stuff and trying to purge, haha.

No comments: