Thursday, October 11, 2007

Post 90-Crochet

I've been busy donating a littl of my time to helping out with the Chicago Coral Reef Project. I made a series of small hyperbolic models showing different rates of increasing etc. blah blah blah. I can't realy put into words what the project is about, it's just really cool, part art part science.
http://www.uic.edu/jaddams/hull/Events/coralreef2/
The show opening party is this friday so I went in the last two days to help make filler coral.
Red Coral Filler

I met some very interesting people there. One lady worked for a curator at the Museum of Science and Industry the I used to work with at the Saudi place. The Double Stitch twins know the jewelry lady I might be doing some part-time work with.

And then there was this artist from the UK who made complete coral pieces for the show, all were really well put together, there's definately a visual difference between the ones some of the artists arranged and some that were arranged by those who are not artistically trained. This is a good one.

So I can't wait to see the show tomorrow and maybe a small group of the girls and I will go see the new Elizabeth movie.
A doggie picture.

No comments: