Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Post 188-You Say Goodbye, I say Hello...

Good bye El Presidente Bush, go back to your compound in Texas, we don't require your services anymore.
Hello President Obama, doesn't that have a nice ring to it and doesn't it just sound good rolling off your tongue? Funny thing is, Obama comes up under lined in my spell check, I guess someone out there needs to add Obama to Blogger's dictionary. I woke up early and camped myself on the couch all day to watch the events and I believe a tear or two may have rolled down my face. I am happy.

I always believed there were invisible black holes in my bedroom because of there shear number of socks that came up with missing mates. My theory is sound because I moved a lot as a kid growing up and I never found those socks when my room was packed up and I know I didn't throw them away, what the hell happened to them. I think a small black hole has infiltrated my yarn stash. First to go missing was the white/gray/black cashmere Tess Designer Yarn that I purchased at Stitches this summer to make my grandmother a cowl for Christmas. I pulled apart my stash and went through every single container. I should have been there in the white bin, nope, not even in the black bin, I organize my stash by bin color and it has always been easy to find everything. Now I am literally 4 rows away from finishing the Tangled Yoke sweater and I can't find the 3 different green lace trim colors I ordered or one of the sets of buttons I bought, they were stored together and have disappeared. Like the cashmere yarn, I know they made it into the house because I photographed them and now I don't know what to do, I've looked everywhere.
I guess I'll have to start another sweater in the meantime.

ARGH!!!!!

I snapped this nice winter picture walking through a park on the way to the Windy City Knitting Guild meeting on tuesday.

No comments: